Data Analyst Student (Policies and RegEx Researcher) - Part Time Position
Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We’re looking for a data analyst student for the research team in the Data team, reporting to the Director of Data Science and Analytics. The research team is based in Tel Aviv, dealing with rapid innovation, prototyping, and detailed research of regulations and policies. As a data analyst, you will be part of a team that creates the most advanced and comprehensive tools for discovering sensitive data. Our ideal candidate is someone who has hands-on experience in researching online resources (incl. Web sites and documents) and using pattern detection/regex techniques to uncover sensitive information within them.
What you’ll do:
- Research various privacy and security standards (E.g. GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA)
- Explore and do deep search for sample documents and content in various online resources
- Create advanced Regular Expressions (Regex) and NLP classifiers to help detect sensitive information by patterns
- Work with Customers and Support teams to fine tune accuracy
- Produce and maintain relevant test scripts as part of our continuous testing system
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor degree student in Mathematics, linguistics, Social Science or Humanities with at least 2 semesters left- must
- Proven experience in information technology - strong advantage
- Experience with online research, data extraction / scraping, and accuracy measurements (false positives/negatives).
- Experience with regular expressions (regex) - strong advantage
- Experience with data labeling tools - advantage
- Familiarity with checksum / validation methods - advantage
- Experience with Python/Java programming language - strong advantage
- Language skills in languages other than Hebrew and English - advantage
- Wide areas of interest and general knowledge as well as passion for learning new stuff
- Organized, self-motivated, team player
- Suitable for 80% or full-time candidates
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements - for parents, for remote work days, etc.
- Office perks: dog-friendly environment, fully-stocked fridge, gym, and exercise classes, weekly Happy Hours, free parking, evening meals
- Knowledge training & Career development tracks
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do, Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
BigDiversity: We’re committed to creating a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality – across race, gender, sexuality, disability, and neurodiversity – where innovation and growth thrive, every voice is heard, and everybody belongs.
Something looks off?