Who we are:
BigID is an innovative tech startup that focuses on solutions for data security, compliance, privacy, and governance. We're leading the market in all things data: helping our customers reduce risk, drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
We are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for being one of CNBC’s Top 25 Startups powering the economy, we're on Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work, #21 on the 2022 Deloitte 500 (most innovative, fastest-growing companies in North America) and we’re on the 2022 Inc 5000.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We are looking for a skilled Escalations Engineer with programming knowledge looking to join a fast-paced, and high-energy escalations team. Working on resolving customer issues, designing large complex deployments, improving the products and training other tiers. Successful candidates will need to be very detail-oriented and organized and have excellent organizational and communication skills. They will need to be able to manage multiple, high-priority issues simultaneously and effectively lead a remote team to resolution.
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshooting complex software modules, working from written and oral issues as described by the technical support organization, sales organization, account managers, and customers themselves.
- Owning internal and external customer calls to provide technical insight into the issue experienced by the customer, and provide fixes and workarounds to alleviate field issues.
- Playing a key role in feature design activities and having in depth understanding of features.
- Develop and modify modules as part of implementing workarounds for issues or as a professional services enhancement.
- Work with QA and development teams to recommend resolutions, provide insights and make sure issues fixes are being properly implemented into the products.
- Actively partake in tech support training sessions, compiling materials and delivering them to other tiers.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong troubleshooting skills and methodological approach.
- Previous experience with customers (working directly and on-site visits).
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated experience in writing code projects with Python and Java – major advantage
- Experience working with various data bases and with MongoDB – an advantage
- Knowledge in networking protocols and technologies: HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, DNS, network components.
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container orchestration technologies – an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge in working with Linux environments – installing, configuring networking, writing bash scripts, and more.
- Prior experience working in a commercial development environment: formal QA, best practices for development, schedules, processes, defect queues, code management, build environments.
- IT experience (large organizations – advantage).
What’s in it for you?
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k - that go into effect your first day
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do,Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
BigDiversity: We’re committed to creating a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality – across race, gender, sexuality, disability and neurodiversity – where innovation and growth thrives, every voice is heard, and everybody belongs.
The annual base salary range is $125,000 – $145,000. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Salary is just one component of our Compensation Philosophy. Variable/Bonus Compensation & Equity Incentives align with individual and company performance.
Something looks off?