Sr System Administrator
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
At Q4, we hustle, we grind and we grow. As the team members that make up #Q4orce, we care, we compete and we support each other every day. We’re on a mission to deliver a best-in-class client experience that is driven by technology, data, and of course, our people.
Q4 is the leading capital markets access platform that is transforming how issuers, investors, and the sell-side efficiently connect, communicate, and engage with each other. We are a trusted partner to more than 2,650 public companies globally, including many of the most respected brands in the world, and we maintain an award winning culture where our team members grow and thrive. We are on our way to becoming the largest and most trusted, Investor relations platform company in the world.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible, and turn challenges into opportunities. All while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Come grow with us!
The SaaSOps team is expanding and we are seeking a Systems Administrator who wants to own a piece of our complex environment and showcase their expertise.
The System Administrator is responsible for supporting all external Q4 clients and ensuring a 99.99% “uptime” for the Q4 infrastructure.
The successful candidate will work in a SaaS environment and be responsible for technical troubleshooting, developing automation, system maintenance and functionality, as well as other daily production support projects and duties.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 support to Q4’s client operations teams for platform setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Coordinate and support cross-functional teams during production incidents to minimize impact to our clients and internal teams
- Problem analysis and resolution, monitoring and documenting RCA
- Perform routine maintenance duties for supported environments
- Manage, maintain and update Cloud hosted environments in AWS
- Coordinate activities of 3rd party hosting and service providers
- Automate management tasks, streamline processes, and improve reliability, uptime, efficiency, consistency and security across the infrastructure
- Conduct and report reviews of Q4 Capacity, Security Events, Access/Permissions and patching
- Take part in Disaster Recovery implementation, testing, and execution
- Work closely with the Infrastructure team as part of a 24/7, on-call support
Technical Experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years of technical experience in system administration and support
- Good working knowledge of AWS or similiar cloud environment;
- 5+ years supporting the systems administration of Microsoft Windows Server and/ or Linux systems to deploy and maintain global infrastructure services (RHEL/CentOS and Windows Server 2008R2/2012)
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Domains and Group Policy and Directory Services/LDAP
- Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic, Datadog, Kibana
- Experience with patching servers and desktops
- Experience supporting applications in cloud native environments.
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration with both technical teams within Product R&D as well as non-technical business stakeholders
- Storage technologies (i.e. SAN, NFS, iSCSI)
- Networking technologies (i.e. TCP, Load Balancing, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, WPA with RADIUS)
- Relational databases (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server)
- Application and OS performance tuning in Windows and Linux environments
Working knowledge of:
- Ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Python, PowerShell, shell (bash)
- Experience with Sensitive Data Environments and security (PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Growth Opportunities
- 100% Remote work
- Virtual team building and socials, keeping people connected is important to us; and
- A fantastic culture to top it all off!
Q4’s diverse and inclusive workplace fosters a friendly, open-minded environment. Diversity makes us stronger from the increased pace of innovation to strengthening our culture. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.
See more open positions at Q4
Something looks off?